of the hangars shown on this plan were used postwar as follows:
Hangar 1 DCA Workshops
Hangar 2 TAA Ground Equipment
Hangar 3A Ansett Airways, later Westernair
Hangar 3 Ansett-ANA Freight & Ground Equipment
Hangar 4 Ansett-ANA Terminal
Hangar 5 International Terminal
Hangar 6 TAA Terminal
Hangar 7 TAA Maintenance & Catering, later TAA Freight &
Hangar 8 TAA Maintenance, later extended. Qantas Engineering &
Cabin Services occupied space on the northern side of the extended
an additional three igloos were erected between Hangars 6 &
Hangar ? TAA Freight, later DCA Flying Unit
Hangar 9 Ansett-ANA Maintenance
Hangar 10 Ansett-ANA Maintenance
In the sixties, TAA erected an additional hangar east of H8 adjacent
to the Ford plant. Identified as Hangar 12, it was more commonly
known as "The Boeing Hangar".
the truncated so-called "Straight Six" at the adjoining
Doomben Racecourse. This six furlong (1207 metre) track was resumed
during the wartime redevelopment of Eagle Farm. The racecourse
itself became a tent city known as Camp Doomben during the war.
SW/NE runway was later extended to the north-east and shortened
at the south-west end to become Eagle Farm's Main Runway 04/22.
WSW/ENE runway was later eliminated.
SE/NW runway was retained as Runway 13/31.